Monday, December 10, 2007

Back Seat Taxi Whore

One day this past summer i was going home from a party in a taxi. It was some other girls taxi, but i hopped on board looking to get away from this party and back to my home to get some sleep before work the next morning. I promised to bring her to a convenience store with an ATM so that she could get some money to pay the taxi driver with. I brought her to the Mac's close to my house and she commenced to withdraw cash from the ATM. I went inside with her and after a short visit with the store owner Aurora, i told my female taxi companion that I lived close by, and that i would just walk home from there. "Do you want me to pay for some of the taxi" I asked her. "No" she replied. "Well Thanks a lot" i said back. I then left and went home to the comfort of my bed. But to this day i still regret not giving this girl a little bit of money for the taxi. What if she spent all her weekly allowance on cab-fare home. I'm such a selfish dick. I can not believe myself. If i ever meet this girl again, i would like to buy her coffee and a muffin, just to show my gratitude for her kind soul. Not as repayment. But just as a random act of kindness.

I was so drunk and baked that night, that i don't remember what she even looks like. Neither does she likely remember my handsome face... actually, she probably does; she probably dreams of it every night before she goes to bed. Those dreams were first erotic, but now they have turned to nightmares. Nightmares of me as a homeless bum mugging her in the downtown streets of calgary. "Any change, my darling" I call out. "Hey, do you remember me" she asks. "No, who the fuck are you." She gets shocked and offended, looking away in disgust she tries to leave me to my panhandling. "Give me your purse lady" I shout out. I run up to her and try to snatch it out of her arms. She at first refuses to relinquish the tight grasp on her purse, but soon she realizes my strength and endless desire for her money. Not just any money, but the money that she had been working for and saving all summer long. It gave me pleasure knowing that i was stealing this particular girls money. Far more pleasure than if some businessman with his windsor knot and polished shoes wrote me a cheque for ten-thousand dollars and put it in my hat. yes, this girls money was much more valuable to me. This is exciting, exhilirating and maybe even a little erotic. Because afterall, this is only a dream. A nightmare this poor girl is having, based on erotic dreams that she had a few months earlier.

I take the purse to an ATM far away from my crime scene. I look for her credit cards; she has two of them. I max both of them out. "Best two thousand dollars I have ever made" I tell myself.

No comments: