Saturday, March 1, 2008

Graham and Adam do salvia!

First things first. I need to buy some filters. If you've ever had burning incense blown into your lungs you'll understand what I mean. Secondly, hmmm. hmmmm. We planned it badly, in the sense that we were in the least relaxed place ever: a public school playground at 1AM. Using a pipe with about a litre of THC in it. In winter. Without a torch lighter. Or a spotter.

First instantaneous effects: constricting of all my muscles simultaneously and the intense desire to sit down, followed by instant memory loss for about 20 seconds, followed by this odd feeling that gravity moved off a bit and my head was shrinking. I had to sober up fast because Adam did a lot more than I did and he was being silly. Heading off a hallucination was tricky, but I think since I only did 1 hit I wasn't over the edge.

Adam however, did some awesome stuff, as these choice quotes (in chronological order) will reveal.

"ya I guess we have to smok- I'm climbing a mountain"
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAH"
"I wanna run man. I was born to run. Lets go on the playground"
"Everything I'm thinking is impossible"
"Why is it so damn hot"
"It's hot in the car. Really hot. My legs feel itchy like spiders"
"Everything was really happy!"
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

And then BAM sober mid sentence. It was truly insane to witness, truly awesome, it's rare that watching someone do a drug makes you want to do it, but in this case, yes. For the third time I try it out I'm going to go hardcore and do as many hits as I can take.

I just realized I'm incredibly sweaty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Hunter S. Thompson to explain a drug trip. It's a tough thing to do, because when you write the article you are no longer on the trip. Your mind is sober, trying to recollect a state of mind so completely different than your current state. Sounds like you had a great time. Where did you buy the salvia? Great article.

spineless liberal said...

We did it in the woodlands school parking lot, which was definitely not a relaxed enough place for it. Thanks dude

Adam said...

Bought the salvia downtown at Tropicana.

It was a good time but the smoke was the worst thing i've ever had in my lungs.

spineless liberal said...

Oh I misread that marc. There's a comment on your environmental article